Make a New Solar Project Happen
Purpose-Built Solar™ projects enable organizations to make substantial commitments to renewable energy through direct support of new, grid-connected solar projects.
How it Works
A Purpose-Built Solar project is a large-scale, offsite solar array developed and marketed on behalf of your organization. The project is customized to meet your energy demand, financial goals, and carbon reduction targets.
A Purpose-Built Solar project is based on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) or a Power Hedge Agreement, which typically entails:
- A commitment to purchase a portion of your power from a OneEnergy Renewables solar project over a long term (e.g. 20 years).
- An economically competitive fixed price schedule.
A Purpose-Built Solar project will allow your organization to ...
- Source power from a grid-connected renewable energy project built on your behalf.
- Minimize capital commitments and gain protection against volatile long-term electricity prices.
- Receive significant public recognition for catalyzing the development of a new renewable energy project in your community.
- Engage your employees, students and customers through site tours and interactive kiosks with live project data.
After an initial discussion to understand your organization's environmental and financial objectives, we'll assess your energy profile. Then, we'll provide a customized proposal that outlines the value of a Purpose-Built Solar project to your organization.
It's that simple. Please, contact us to get started.